Here’s your daily update with everything you need to know on the novel coronavirus situation in B.C. for May 18, 2020.
We’ll provide summaries of what’s going on in B.C. right here so you can get the latest news at a glance. This page will be updated regularly throughout the day, with developments added as they happen.
We apologize, but this video has failed to load.
Check back here for more updates throughout the day.
As of the latest numbers on May 16:
• Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 2,428 (355 active cases)
• New cases since May 14, 2020: 21
• Hospitalized cases: 49
• Intensive care: 11
• COVID-19 related deaths: 141
• Recovered: 1,932
• Long-term care and assisted-living homes currently affected: 15
• Acute care facilities currently affected: 5
The next update is Monday at 3 p.m.
IN-DEPTH:COVID-19: Here are all the B.C. cases of the novel coronavirus
GUIDES AND LINKS
• COVID-19: Here’s everything you need to know about the novel coronavirus