This post will be updated throughout the day on Friday, June 26.
Questions/comments? [email protected]
- Montreal retailers suffering after reopening
- Man stabbed in bar on first night bars reopen in Quebec
- Quebec cabinet meeting led to switch in COVID updates, documents suggest
- Dr. Tam: Pandemic revealed ‘Failures in how we care for our elders’
- Montreal bar owners grapple with sudden reopening
Many Montreal retailers suffering after reopening
At the M.H. Grover and Sons clothing store in Verdun that opened in 1945, business is down 50 to 60 per cent since its reopening.
“You can’t sell clothes if there are no weddings, no one is going to work, no parties, no one can go out. No nothing,” said owner Kenny Grover, grandson of the founders.
Others, however, like the Hub Hardware store in Beaconsfield, have been thriving, selling garden supplies and paint.
See our full story here by John Meagher.